We want The Friends of Hednesford Park to be a safe place for children and young people. We have a Child Protection policy and procedure. You can ask for a full copy of this. Below is a brief summary of the key points.
We aim to keep children and young people safe by:
- Having a designated team for child protection who are Kelvin Stephens, Kate Herman and Dawn Harrison.
- Please contact them if you have any concerns about any child, young person or the behaviour of anyone accessing our group’s sessions.
- Ensuring all staff and volunteers are properly checked and vetted.
- Making proper arrangements for all activities.
- Having a code of conduct for staff/volunteers and making sure that all staff and volunteers know what to do if they have concerns about a child or young person.
- Having a code of conduct/ ground rules for everyone using the organisation enabling safety for all.
- Following Local Child Protection Procedures by reporting any serious concerns to the Staffordshire First Response Team (FRT) or the Police as appropriate.
We would ask you to support us in keeping children and young people safe by:
- Following the code of conduct and treating people with respect
- Supervising your child (where appropriate) unless they are in an organised activity, in which case we would ask you to provide basic details about your child and make sure that we can contact you if there is an emergency.
- Talking to the designated person for child protection if you have concerns about any child or young person using The Friends of Hednesford Park or the behaviour of any adult within The Friends of Hednesford Park.